Polkadots Anyone? I know, I know polkadots are so last summer, however, i don't really see them going anywhere. I am just as smitten with this pattern as I was when I first saw the cutest pair of baby polkadot jeans online. I wasn't quick enough and they ended up selling out, so McKenzie ended up with a pair of mini-stars instead. While the mini-stars are just as adorable, I was on a mission to find a pair of polkadot prints as well. During my search, I stumbled across a DIY tutorial on one of my favorite blogs, Frills For Thrills. Mommy blogger, Sarah posted an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own pair of polkadot jeans. Sarah's jeans came out so cute, I knew I would have to try my hand at a scaled down version for McKenzie someday. Well, today is the day and I have to say, my attempt was a success! The process was so easy and it only took me a few hours (due to dry time). Now that I'm a semi-pro at polkadotting, I find myself looking around the house for more items to dot, hehe!
Though I've seen a lot of mini polkadot jeans trending, I decided to stick with the larger dot. I like the way they pop and make more of a bold statement. If you're not a huge polkadot fan, you might want to stick with minis.
- Pair of Jeans (light or dark)
- A piece of card-stock paper or cardboard (cut to slide inside the legs)
- White Fabric Paint
- A circular sponge brush (I used a 1/2inch)
- Cut your card-stock or cardboard and slide down each pant leg
- I started my first dot centered on the back of her jeans,below the waistband.
- I used a piece of card-stock (that I cut about 2inches in length) as my spacer between the dots
- With every line, I started from left to right making sure the dots never line vertically (spacing every 2 inches)
- Let dry for about an hour, flip over and repeat on the front.
- After drying, you may wash to get a bit of a faded look.
- VIOLA! YOU ARE ALL DONE!
I hope this tutorial is as fun and easy for you as it was for me!
|McKenzie's Outfit: Brown Leather Bow (Raine& Skye), Shirt(BabiesRUs), Jeans(Carter's), Belt(Walmart), Shoes-Out of stock at (ZaraBaby)|
Today, I am linking up with Ashley and Jess for their beautiful weekly series, "It's The Little Things" - It's a wonderful way to share the sweet"little things" that pop up throughout your day. Join us as we celebrate those little gem moments that turn our everyday into cherished memories!