Dr. Mercola has been described as a "pioneer for alternative medicine". While his views are controversial, many of his positions are now mainstream. For example, his stance on the importance of appropriate sun exposure to optimize your vitamin D levels. To learn more, visit mercola.com for his in-depth view on sun exposure and healthy ways to reach exposure balance.
One way is by using his 100% All Natural Sunscreen. After receiving our product package of Dr. Mercola Sunscreen and After Sun Moisturizing Cream, I did a little further research and was pleased with how well these stood up against all the other sunscreens on the market today. I can now have one bottle of sunscreen to apply to both McKenzie and I without having to worry about exposing her (or myself) to harsh chemicals and toxins every time we want to wear sun protection.
Here a few fun facts about Dr. Mercola's Sunscreen SPF50:
- Provides 100% chemical free protection,
- Contains anti-oxidant green tea to help protect your skin.
- Naturally nourishes, protects and moisturizes your skin
- They have no artificial fragrances or potentially toxic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic and vegan too, making it safe to use on baby, children and adults.
After our day (or 5 minutes) in the sun, we used Dr. Mercola's After-sun Moisturizing Cream. I applied a little to my face as well as McKenzie's and it left our skin feeling silky smooth without a reaction or breakout. Again, Hallelujah! Kenzie seems to react to so many it never fails, so this was a huge plus for me. It is also great for those living in colder dry climates and have a hard time keeping their skin from drying out or cracking! Another perk is it contains antioxidants which is a nice feature as I'm not getting any younger and I'd like to nourish as many skin cells as possible.
Here are a few more fun facts about the Dr. Mercola's After-Sun Moisturizing Cream:
- Specially formulated for use after sunbathing or after bathing, no matter the season.
- Combines healthful skin supporting ingredients with "powerful antioxidants"green tea and astaxanthin for face and body.
- Hypoallergenic - contains no emulsifiers or chemical preservatives making it safe for baby & children as well as adults.
I am very happy with this sunscreen line and feel so relieved that it is safe for my child making it extremely convenient to have just one bottle to tote around. If you are not familiar with Dr. Mercola and his products, feel free to read more about his research and product lines at www.mercola.com
Here is a little photo of Kenzie reading all about the wonderful ingredients that make up this mommy-approved sunscreen!