I am certainly not the craftiest mom on the block! If you're anything like me, the more steps a project has or listed items I've never heard of before, the more your eyes start to glaze over. That's when I turn to my wallet and pay a professional do-it-yourself'er. However, if I stumble upon an easy DIY project, I'm all about giving it a whirl. I'm definitely going to consider testing out my staining skills with this one!
1. Place 5 dark color tea bags into a large pot. Bring to boil and then place on low-medium heat.
2. Place 20 coffee filters into the pot and use a spoon to make sure they are fully submerged. Soak them for 10-20 minutes or until you get the color that you want. Repeat until all of the coffee filters are stained ( I used about 100 for this wreath).
(Taryn 'clipped the coffee filters onto pant hangers and hung them in the laundry room to help them dry faster. She also spread a few out on top of paper towels and that worked too.')
3. Let the coffee filters dry completely so they are not as fragile.
4. Wrap the coffee filter around a screw driver and push it into the wreath. You may need to do a few extra jabs to really get it secure in there.
5. Place the coffee filters about 1-1 1/2″ a part (to get the fullness of this wreath).
('Repeat until the wreath is completely covered and add some bling of your choice!')
Source: Design, Dining + Diapers