Here are tips that I found helpful to have a safe and successful day at the pool with baby.
- I waited until after Kenzie took her morning nap.
- While Kenzie napped, I got everything together and packed up the car.
- When she woke up, I changed her into her Huggies Little Swimmer diaper , swimsuit and cover-up
- I fed her and then we were off! :)
**A well rested and fed baby is key to having a successful pool outing**
- Stroller - This helps transport pool accoutrement as well as contain your little while you set up shop. It also comes in handy when baby is ready to catch some Zzzz's. (No need for a pack and play)
- Large Beach Bag - you shouldn't need more than one bag. Leave diaper bag at home
- I brought a baby float with canopy for McKenzie to sit in. She loved it, however, she was ready to get into the big pool after a few minutes.
- A hooded towel for McKenzie
- A beach towel for me
- Hat for MK (she wouldn't leave it on so it stayed in the beachbag
- 1 extra Huggies Little Swimmer diaper (Just in case of a messy accident)
- Wipes (in case there is a messy accident)
- 1 extra "day to day" diaper (to wear home)
- Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion (MK prefers lotion vs spray)
- Sippy Cup for MK and water bottle for me (just to keep hydrated)
- A few bath toys (We didn't play with these much)
|This floaty was the perfect way to introduce McKenzie |
to the water and her surroundings.
|She loved the floaty, however, she began to feel antsy |
and hot after a while(as it keeps their upper body pretty dry),
so she was ready to jump in!
|Once I introduced her to the steps, it was love at first "sit"! |
She loved splashing around and pulling up on the side.
|She felt like such a big girl :)|
Preparing For Departure:
- I "remote" started the car to cool off
- I changed Kenzie out of her swimsuit and her "little swimmer" diaper
- I put her normal "day to day" diaper on, along with her cover-up/dress
- Cover-ups or T-shirts are "a must", as it acts as a barrier against the hot carseat straps.
- I then sat her in her stroller while I got dressed and loaded up our things
- Then off to the car we went!
|Don't you love my "after swim" hair-do?|
I hope you feel inspired to conquer your fear of having a "mommy or daddy & me" day at the pool! Just keep it simple. Pack a few necessities and let the water do all the entertaining!