I'm sure you've seen these gilded gold leaf prints everywhere online. They are an absolutely adorable accent that can be displayed anywhere in your home! If you choose a phrase, message or even an animal silhouette - these prints add a perfect touch of shine and whimsy in a simplistic and chic way.
I was so close to buying a print until I found this awesome and easy How-To from Sugar & Chic! Zorrie's version is absolute perfection and her tutorial is so easy to follow. However, I wanted to use what I had laying around the house and the one thing I did not have that her tutorial calls for is the gold leaf sheets. You can find them at any craft store, however, I had a roll of Gold Foil Wrapping Paper I bought at Hobby Lobby a while back. I thought I would give it a try before I went out and bought gold leaf sheets and I'm glad I did. This print cost me $0.00 and it turned out just as cute as the prints I see for sale online. See below for my tutorial on how to create a GOLD "LOVE" PRINT using gold foil gift-wrap.
- White Card Stock
- Spray Adhesive - I used a crafting glue stick that I had on hand, I suggest using spray adhesive to cut back on wrinkles.
- X-acto Knife
- Cardboard or Cutting Mat
- Gold Foil Gift Wrap
- Print Out Your Word, Message or Silhouette of Choice. I simply used Microsoft Word using font Arial Black at 660pnt.
- Use X-acto knife to cut out your letters making sure you stay as close to the edge of your letters as possible.
- Outline/Trace your card stock onto the back of your gold gift wrap then cut.
- Adhere your white card stock(with word cut out) onto the front of your gold gift wrap.
- Don't forget the little pieces that need to be added to complete your letter.
- Let Dry then Frame!! ALL DONE!!
I actually ended up adding this lovely little "LOVE" print to McKenzie's Nursery as part of her wall collage. That way every morning she is met with a little bit of Love. (cheesy, I know- but I looooooove it)
|Details: "Oh, the place you'll go" Print - Cheeky Albi Desings, Mirror - Target(spray painted), Letter "M" Map Print - Cheeky Albi Design, Bible Verse Print - DIY, McKenzie Newborn Photo - PropagandaAK, Love Print - DIY|
I hope you enjoyed this How-To. Feel free to share your finished product via email or commenting below! Have a wonderful weekend!