1. A piece of a cardboard box cut to size of your individual letters
2. Twine, yarn or ribbon (which ever you perfer)
4. Pencil (dark enough to see on box cut out)
5. Hot glue gun or a strong glue substitute
6. Print out of your individual letters (I used Word/Cambria Font/650 size) - you may need to play with your ruler settings to keep from cutting off your letter
***Instructions are in captions***
|Start by cutting out your letters|
|Trace your letters on to cardboard cut-out|
|Glue a dot on the back of the letter and press the end of the twine down until dried|
|Then wrap around front|
|Then wrap around back - continue until this section is completely wrapped. |
As you wrap, glue dot along the way and wrap twine pretty snug up against each other preventing gaps
|Once wrapped, glue the end down and tuck in between layers|
Make sure to cut off your twine with the end finishing on the back of your letter.
|The front should be pretty clean |
(I wouldn't worry about the back if it's strictly for decorative purposes, no one will see it)
|Repeat steps for all of the vertical sides of letter (this adds a better finish in the end)|
|Start at the top of one side and begin to wrap down horizontally until you get to a split in the letter|
Once you hit the split continue to wrap down the outside section of the letter first.
|To finish the remaining sides, start at the top and wrap your way down|
When you hit the bottom just continue to wrap horizontally then glue loose pieces closed.
|If you find a few loose strands, just pinch them together to hide the gap then glue|
|I added a few little flowers (left over from wedding accouterment) to dress them up a bit :)|